Sometimes even when I’m following a clean eating plan, I still crave sweets and I need healthier options.
Usually that means fruit, but this time these cookies did the trick!
Ok, so they may not actually be considered a clean food item, but they make me feel better than going to buy store bought cookies 🙂
I learned about this healthier version of my favorite no bake cookie from my friend Danielle. You can find the original recipe here.
Shakeology No-Bake Cookies
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups old fashioned oats
- 6 tablespoons Vegan Chocolate Shakeology
- Combine peanut butter, honey, and coconut oil in a sauce pan and heat over low heat just until it can be creamed together in the pan with a spoon.
- Add the vanilla, oatmeal, and Shakeology. Stir well until everything is a chocolatey gooey mess.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto wax or parchment paper. Let set up until not runny (depending on the temperature of your house this may take a few minutes or a couple hours).
- Store in an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator. If you’re like us, they’ll only last a few days 🙂
What I love about these cookies are that yes, they’re super easy and quick when I’m impatient. But also, you know all those good nutrients our bodies get from Shakeo? Well, now I’m getting extra nutrients in a sweet treat that tricks me into eating healthier!
P.S. the real credit goes to my friend Danielle for directing me to the original cookie 🙂 Thanks friend!